Subject: Re: [bug#40032] [PATCH] gnu: Add nvme-cli

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 13:57:22 -0400

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 06:36:54PM +0100, Vincent Legoll wrote:
> From 4f794f64ca5438773fc9980bbf0cf5739144dc87 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Vincent Legoll <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 01:51:12 +0100
> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: Add nvme-cli
> 
> * gnu/packages/linux.scm (nvme-cli): New variable.

Thanks! Pushed as 323841bda4e5b8f9b30626ab768aaf711ee6aabf with the
following changes that I somehow forgot to mention. There was no need to
make you revise the patch again...

> +       #:phases (modify-phases %standard-phases
> +                  (delete 'configure)

I added a comment about why the phase is deleted.

> +                  (replace 'install
> +                    (lambda _
> +                      (zero? (system* "make" "install-spec" "PREFIX="
> +                                      (string-append "DESTDIR=" %output))))))

I replaced (zero? (system* ...)) with (invoke ...), which raises
exceptions on failure rather than returning a boolean #f. This is "the
Guix way" for a while now:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-12/msg00278.html

> +    (description "Utility to provide standards compliant tooling for NVM-Express
> +drives.  It was made specifically for Linux as it relies on the IOCTLs defined

And I made this first sentence into a complete sentence.