Subject: [bug#40026] Add "xa" assembler

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 14:42:40 -0400

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 12:11:35PM -0400, Christopher Lemmer Webber wrote:
> Hello!  New patch, new patch.  It's been a while for me.

Good to see you around again!

> This is for the 6502 "xa" assembler.  It's necessary for use with the
> "vice" emulator, which I've been also trying to package, but is also
> useful standalone.

Cool!
> +              (uri (string-append "https://www.floodgap.com/retrotech/xa"
> +                                  "/dists/xa-" version ".tar.gz"))
> +              (file-name (string-append name "-" version ".tar.gz"))

I don't think this file-name procedure is necessary. The tarball should
be named properly without it, right?

> +    (synopsis "High-speed, two-pass portable cross-assembler")
> +    (description
> +     "xa is a high-speed, two-pass portable cross-assembler.

We can omit "high-speed" here; it's basically "marketing language" which
is discouraged in our packaging guidelines.

Otherwise, please push!