Subject: Re: [bug#40026] Add "xa" assembler

From: Christopher Lemmer Webber <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 15:13:41 -0400

Leo Famulari writes:

> On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 12:11:35PM -0400, Christopher Lemmer Webber wrote:
>> Hello!  New patch, new patch.  It's been a while for me.
>
> Good to see you around again!
>
>> This is for the 6502 "xa" assembler.  It's necessary for use with the
>> "vice" emulator, which I've been also trying to package, but is also
>> useful standalone.
>
> Cool!
>> +              (uri (string-append "https://www.floodgap.com/retrotech/xa"
>> +                                  "/dists/xa-" version ".tar.gz"))
>> +              (file-name (string-append name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
>
> I don't think this file-name procedure is necessary. The tarball should
> be named properly without it, right?

Oh you're right.  Can you tell I'm brushing off the rust with some
copy-pasta? :)

>> +    (synopsis "High-speed, two-pass portable cross-assembler")
>> +    (description
>> +     "xa is a high-speed, two-pass portable cross-assembler.
>
> We can omit "high-speed" here; it's basically "marketing language" which
> is discouraged in our packaging guidelines.

Good call.

> Otherwise, please push!

Done!  It's good to be back!