Subject: Re: hplip-3.20.2 source tarball hash mismatch

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 22:05:03 +0100

Mark,

Mark H Weaver 写道：
> The following commit updated hplip to 3.20.2, but the actual 
> hash of the
> source tarball does not match the expected hash in the commit.

[…]

> sha256 hash mismatch for 
> /gnu/store/xnqrxpngp4505228zib9zp8b5n7v4ri6-hplip-3.20.2.tar.gz:
>   expected hash: 
>   1hkiyj29vzmz14cy68g94i617ymxinzvjvcsfdd78kcbd1s9vi4h
>   actual hash: 
>   00vcbpnp478l2v61mlxb4kr6q3gzkxspm4lwfky39f6ck72pqxb7

Thanks.  This happens, although I wish it would stop.

The differences are: timestamps, differing .ppd.gz file order in 
.inc files, and a modified pre-compiled binary (locatedriver). 
Luckily, the latter is snippeted out, leaving only harmless 
changes AFAICT.

Here's the original diff, although the list will probably scrub 
it:

The world would be a better place if $big_hosters didn't allow 
rewriting tarballs in-place.  But then people would upload their 
privkeys and cry.

Fixed with 6048241f10210c79925ca40b75c8697d2b2a5848.

Kind regards,

T G-R