Subject: bug#40006: [core-updates] Merge wip-hurd

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 13:25:32 +0100

Jan Nieuwenhuizen writes:

> Hello Guix'y supporters of the Hurd,

`wip-hurd' is now pushed to core-updates as

    3a1c3642d4d611c5516a8ba5b6bc7e39bdc1c9ae

As discussed on IRC yesterday, we did it in two stages: we first
merged all work necessary to build sensible bootstrap binaries
to core-updates:

    3342a1182b15ec031f0ec6f602fd96c1dca3d4b0

then we build bootstrap binaries and verified the result, producing
this commit message

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
On 3342a1182b15ec031f0ec6f602fd96c1dca3d4b0
   gnu: make-bootstrap: Use _IOLBF on Guile 2.0 only.

Run
    ./pre-inst-env guix build --target=i586-pc-gnu bootstrap-tarballs --verbosity=1

Producing

    /gnu/store/lhca65c997pvic5cfrpm0dasniwqlg2a-bootstrap-tarballs-0

With guix hash -rx /gnu/store/lhca65c997pvic5cfrpm0dasniwqlg2a-bootstrap-tarballs-0

    07jnq2by98f2a45k8wd2gj62iazvwfa4z7p3w3id4m1g0fdsvc3b
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Next up is to work towards getting a bootable guix image for the Hurd
and other porting work in the Debian VM.

See:

    https://gitlab.com/janneke/guix/-/blob/wip-hurd-system/THE-HURD

but that's a whole other stage of effort, I'm tempted to close this bug
and open a new one (or two?) for that.  WYDT?

Greetings,
janneke

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com