Subject: Re: bug#400: 23.0.60; C-h v should pick up lispified name in Customize

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 09:38:16 +0300

> From: Howard Melman <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 22:36:21 -0400
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> >> For me in Emacs 27 customize buffers default to showing only
> >> the first line of the docstring for each variable and I
> >> can't find a way to change this to show full docstrings.
> >> 
> >> Is this different in Emacs 28?
> > 
> > No, it's the same in both Emacs 27 and 28: the full doc string is
> > shown.
> 
> That's not what I see via emacs -Q and doing M-x customize-group for apropos:
                                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You never said before that you are using customize-group.  I use
customize-variable, where the doc string is shown in its full length.
As I wrote elsewhere in this discussion, it would be fine to expand
the doc string when you expand the variable in the groups buffer,
before you start customizing it.

> I have to click on "More" for each one.

Surely, not a big deal?