Subject: bug#39993: Guix report hash mismatch when underlying cause is ENOSPC

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 12:13:48 -0400

Hello,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> Starting download of /gnu/store/mv33j0si1n75q9kdimhvyrjn05pbxz5b-tcpdump-4.9.3.tar.gz
>> From https://www.tcpdump.org/release/tcpdump-4.9.3.tar.gz...
>> @ download-started /gnu/store/mv33j0si1n75q9kdimhvyrjn05pbxz5b-tcpdump-4.9.3.tar.gz https://www.tcpdump.org/release/tcpdump-4.9.3.tar.gz 2333119
>> @ download-progress /gnu/store/mv33j0si1n75q9kdimhvyrjn05pbxz5b-tcpdump-4.9.3.tar.gz https://www.tcpdump.org/release/tcpdump-4.9.3.tar.gz 2333119 65536
>> @ download-progress /gnu/store/mv33j0si1n75q9kdimhvyrjn05pbxz5b-tcpdump-4.9.3.tar.gz https://www.tcpdump.org/release/tcpdump-4.9.3.tar.gz 2333119 393216
>> @ download-progress /gnu/store/mv33j0si1n75q9kdimhvyrjn05pbxz5b-tcpdump-4.9.3.tar.gz https://www.tcpdump.org/release/tcpdump-4.9.3.tar.gz 2333119 655360
>> @ download-progress /gnu/store/mv33j0si1n75q9kdimhvyrjn05pbxz5b-tcpdump-4.9.3.tar.gz https://www.tcpdump.org/release/tcpdump-4.9.3.tar.gz 2333119 917504
>> @ download-progress /gnu/store/mv33j0si1n75q9kdimhvyrjn05pbxz5b-tcpdump-4.9.3.tar.gz https://www.tcpdump.org/release/tcpdump-4.9.3.tar.gz 2333119 1114112
>> @ download-progress /gnu/store/mv33j0si1n75q9kdimhvyrjn05pbxz5b-tcpdump-4.9.3.tar.gz https://www.tcpdump.org/release/tcpdump-4.9.3.tar.gz 2333119 1441792
>> @ download-progress /gnu/store/mv33j0si1n75q9kdimhvyrjn05pbxz5b-tcpdump-4.9.3.tar.gz https://www.tcpdump.org/release/tcpdump-4.9.3.tar.gz 2333119 1638400
>> @ download-progress /gnu/store/mv33j0si1n75q9kdimhvyrjn05pbxz5b-tcpdump-4.9.3.tar.gz https://www.tcpdump.org/release/tcpdump-4.9.3.tar.gz 2333119 1900544
>> @ download-progress /gnu/store/mv33j0si1n75q9kdimhvyrjn05pbxz5b-tcpdump-4.9.3.tar.gz https://www.tcpdump.org/release/tcpdump-4.9.3.tar.gz 2333119 2162688
>> @ download-progress /gnu/store/mv33j0si1n75q9kdimhvyrjn05pbxz5b-tcpdump-4.9.3.tar.gz https://www.tcpdump.org/release/tcpdump-4.9.3.tar.gz 2333119 2333119
>> @ download-succeeded
>> /gnu/store/mv33j0si1n75q9kdimhvyrjn05pbxz5b-tcpdump-4.9.3.tar.gz https://www.tcpdump.org/release/tcpdump-4.9.3.tar.gz 2333119
>
> I believe this log is from a subsequent download that succeeded.
>
> Thanks,
> Ludo’.

Ah, I hadn't thought about that the same derivation would be produced
(same hash) upon retrying.  I had of course retried after running 'guix
gc -F5GiB'.  I'm afraid I've lost that log.  The next time the problem
occurs I'll make sure to preserve it.

Maxim