Subject: bug#39985: feature/native-comp; make clean broken

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2020 10:16:55 +0000

Hi all,

I've been signaled that ~make clean~ does not work on the
feature/native-comp branch.

This is due to the fact that now .eln files are generated into
subdirectories.

Ex: a file ~.../foo.el~ compiles into
~.../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-12383a81d4f33a87/foo.eln~.

The trouble is that the build system has no knowlege of
`system-configuration' therefore it's not easy to modify it to remove
all of these folders.

One option would be to add another prefix like compiling ~foo.el~ into:

~.../eln-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-12383a81d4f33a87/foo.eln~

and have the Makefile removing recursively all eln-* folders.

I'm not sure this is the best way to handle this but is the only idea
I've got so far.

  Andrea

-- 
[email-masked]