Subject: Re: #39981: [PATCH] compilation-error-regexp-alist-alist: Support gulp.js

From: Štěpán Němec <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2020 22:49:36 +0100

close 39981
thanks

On Sun, 08 Mar 2020 21:17:51 +0100
Mattias Engdegård wrote:

> 8 mars 2020 kl. 17.35 skrev Štěpán Němec <[email-masked]>:
>
>> I tried searching both open and closed issues and haven't found anything
>> relevant to this. Would you be willing to open an issue there and
>> describe the problem as you perceive it, or shall I?
>
> Oh, would you do it? I'm not a user of Gulp at all. I couldn't even find the code responsible for emitting errors in there!

OK, after some fumbling through the maze of the various gulp module
repositories I realized that this particular output format is just the
default of one of the plugins, namely gulp-eslint, eslint being a
standalone JavaScript linter which is easily configurable, e.g. choosing
the "unix" formatter gives the standard "/pa/th:line:col:" format:

  https://eslint.org/docs/user-guide/formatters/#unix

So this all was just a false alarm and me being a fool (arguably
gulp-eslint could choose saner default, but in any case there is nothing
to fix in Emacs). Sorry for wasting your time!

I am hereby closing the bug report, thank you.

-- 
Štěpán