Subject: bug#39977: 28.0.50; Unhelpful stack trace

From: Madhu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2020 23:13:16 +0530

Thanks Eli, Following up on the emacs-devel message, I recompiled emacs
and get substantially the same stack trace. This is with my ~/.emacs and
all my local customizations loaded.

when evaluating a form in a sly lisp buffer with
 (break)
M-x sly-eval-last-sexp
pops up a sly debug window in a new frame
quitting the window (and frame) tries to select the previous window
and the crash apparently happens at this point. I'm attaching the
backtraces as attachments

With a little guidance I expect to be able to investigate this further

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.13, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2020-03-07 built on leonis4
Repository revision: 64c791cecf6a9a8593c6e818b0007fcba5cc1549
Repository branch: madhu-tip
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12006000
System Description: Gentoo/Linux

Configured using:
 'configure -C --with-harfbuzz --with-cairo --with-x-toolkit=gtk
 'CFLAGS=-ggdb -O0''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER
LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  savehist-mode: t
  xclip-mode: t
  elisp-slime-nav-mode: t
  ivy-prescient-mode: t
  prescient-persist-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  foo-clear-output-mode: t
  foo-translate-kbd-paren-mode: t
  new-shell-activate-mode: t
  foo-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail lw-manual lww61-manual-data
savehist xclip elisp-slime-nav gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums text-property-search
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr company pcase cus-start cus-load
ivy-prescient prescient counsel xdg swiper ivy delsel colir color
ivy-overlay ggtags etags fileloop generator xref project compile ewoc
zenicb-color zenicb-whereis zenicb-complete zenicb-stamp zenicb-history
zenicb-away zenicb zenirc-sasl erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat pp
erc-loaddefs zenirc-color zenirc-stamp zenirc-trigger zenirc-notify
zenirc-netsplit zenirc-ignore zenirc-history zenirc-format zenirc-dcc
zenirc-complete zenirc-command-queue zenirc-away zenirc org-mew mew-auth
mew-config mew-imap2 mew-imap mew-nntp2 mew-nntp mew-pop mew-smtp
mew-ssl mew-ssh mew-net mew-highlight mew-sort mew-fib mew-ext
mew-refile mew-demo mew-attach mew-draft mew-message mew-thread
mew-virtual mew-summary4 mew-summary3 mew-summary2 mew-summary
mew-search mew-pick mew-passwd mew-scan mew-syntax mew-bq mew-smime
mew-pgp mew-header mew-exec mew-mark mew-mime mew-unix mew-edit
mew-decode mew-encode mew-cache mew-minibuf mew-complete mew-addrbook
mew-local mew-vars3 mew-vars2 mew-vars mew-env mew-mule3 mew-mule
mew-gemacs mew-key mew-func mew-blvs mew-const mew server winner
windmove whitespace tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat ls-lisp ange-ftp term disp-table
ehelp saveplace recentf tree-widget wid-edit paren ob-lisp ob-shell
shell org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ring
org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt
rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap sgml-mode dom
nxml-util nxml-enc xmltok mb-depth ffap thingatpt battery dbus xml time
so-long which-func imenu parse-time iso8601 time-date cookie1 diff
generic ansi-color derived easy-mmode edmacro kmacro advice cl-extra
help-mode dired-x dired dired-loaddefs cl gh-common marshal eieio-compat
rx info package easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse auth-source
cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json
subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 496211 16301)
 (symbols 48 37922 1)
 (strings 32 133899 4857)
 (string-bytes 1 3903977)
 (vectors 16 38303)
 (vector-slots 8 455102 14242)
 (floats 8 588 350)
 (intervals 56 1694 0)
 (buffers 1000 12))