Subject: Re: [bug#39966] [PATCH 0/3] add compiledb

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 15:12:07 -0400

On Sat, Mar 07, 2020 at 03:30:20AM +0000, Yuval Kogman wrote:
> This patchset adds the compiledb, which is similar to bear.
> 
> FWIW, I was having trouble using bear (seems to segfault during ld
> preload, before main(), so I was unable to generate a stacktrace).
> 
> Yuval Kogman (3):
>   gnu: Add python-bashlex.
>   gnu: Add python-shutilwhich.
>   gnu: Add python-compiledb.

Thanks!

Unless you specifically need the Python 2 variants of bashlex and
shutilwhich, we can omit them. We are not adding Python 2 package
variants by default anymore.

I wonder about shutilwhich, which is a backport of a feature from
Python 3.3. We are using Python 3.7 so this should not be necessary,
right? Does compiledb require it specifically?

Can you send a revised patch series addressing this feedback? And when
you do, please make sure to add copyright lines for yourself to the
files you edit, and generate the patches using `git format-patch`, or
even `git send-email`, sending the mail to this bug report address.