Subject: flatpack packages can't open external applications

From: Damien Cassou <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2020 15:41:21 +0100

Hi,

when I install a flatpak package under Guix System, this package works
but can't open external applications. This is a problem for some
applications, e.g., Blender will never open your web browser.

How to reproduce:

$ guix install flatpak

$ flatpak --user remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo

$ flatpak --user install flathub org.blender.Blender

$ flatpak --user run org.blender.Blender

In Blender, click on the Help menu in the menu bar and choose "User
communities". This is supposed to open a web browser but no browser will
pop up.

When in bash, I can use xdg-open to open a web page without problem.

-- 
Damien Cassou

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without
losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill