Subject: Re: bug#39941: Disk-image size increase on core-updates.

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 18:01:05 +0100

>> +--- a/libgcc/configure
>> ++++ b/libgcc/configure
>
> I suspect this is the only file we need to patch, no?  At least, we can
> remove all the m4 and m4-related Makefile.in changes and the unrelated
> ‘configure’ changes.

The configure files of the other libraries are needed too because they
end-up in the same folder:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
mathieu@elbruz ~/guix [env]$ ls /gnu/store/ay4agvf29mpdib4v35i557cddc8cvkja-gcc-cross-aarch64-linux-gnu-7.5.0-lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/lib/*so
/gnu/store/ay4agvf29mpdib4v35i557cddc8cvkja-gcc-cross-aarch64-linux-gnu-7.5.0-lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/lib/libasan.so
/gnu/store/ay4agvf29mpdib4v35i557cddc8cvkja-gcc-cross-aarch64-linux-gnu-7.5.0-lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/lib/libatomic.so
/gnu/store/ay4agvf29mpdib4v35i557cddc8cvkja-gcc-cross-aarch64-linux-gnu-7.5.0-lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/lib/libgcc_s.so
/gnu/store/ay4agvf29mpdib4v35i557cddc8cvkja-gcc-cross-aarch64-linux-gnu-7.5.0-lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/lib/libgomp.so
/gnu/store/ay4agvf29mpdib4v35i557cddc8cvkja-gcc-cross-aarch64-linux-gnu-7.5.0-lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/lib/libitm.so
/gnu/store/ay4agvf29mpdib4v35i557cddc8cvkja-gcc-cross-aarch64-linux-gnu-7.5.0-lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/lib/liblsan.so
/gnu/store/ay4agvf29mpdib4v35i557cddc8cvkja-gcc-cross-aarch64-linux-gnu-7.5.0-lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/lib/libssp.so
/gnu/store/ay4agvf29mpdib4v35i557cddc8cvkja-gcc-cross-aarch64-linux-gnu-7.5.0-lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/lib/libstdc++.so
/gnu/store/ay4agvf29mpdib4v35i557cddc8cvkja-gcc-cross-aarch64-linux-gnu-7.5.0-lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/lib/libtsan.so
/gnu/store/ay4agvf29mpdib4v35i557cddc8cvkja-gcc-cross-aarch64-linux-gnu-7.5.0-lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/lib/libubsan.so
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

But the m4 file and m4-related changes are definitely useless. I removed
them and pushed!

Thanks,

Mathieu