Subject: bug#39891: 26.3; C++ indenting error

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 22:58:26 +0100

I was trying to reindent my file, but got the error, visible in the
recent messages below.

I tracked it down to a single line, line 34 of the following file:
https://pastebin.com/kVJATcsF
The line containing "rec.x + rec.width - MOUSE_SCALE_MARK_SIZE, ",
to be exact.
When I remove the newline before this line, the issue does not occur.

I wouldn't have a clue on how to dig deeper, so that's why I'm sending
you this report. If it helps, my configuration is available here:
https://github.com/Altlock/EmacsDots

Thank you for your time.

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.10)
 of 2019-08-29 built on juergen
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12007000
Recent messages:
Wrote /home/jan/Programming/Raydraw/2.cpp
c-guess-basic-syntax: Wrong type argument: integer-or-marker-p, nil [3 times]
Saving file /home/jan/Programming/Raydraw/2.cpp...
Wrote /home/jan/Programming/Raydraw/2.cpp
evil-forward-char: End of line [2 times]
Saving file /home/jan/Programming/Raydraw/2.cpp...
Wrote /home/jan/Programming/Raydraw/2.cpp
c-guess-basic-syntax: Wrong type argument: integer-or-marker-p, nil [11 times]
Saving file /home/jan/Programming/Raydraw/2.cpp...
Wrote /home/jan/Programming/Raydraw/2.cpp
c-guess-basic-syntax: Wrong type argument: integer-or-marker-p, nil
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft --with-modules
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt'
 CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: C++//l

Minor modes in effect:
  flycheck-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  global-origami-mode: t
  origami-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  global-color-identifiers-mode: t
  color-identifiers-mode: t
  global-aggressive-indent-mode: t
  aggressive-indent-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg gnus-util rmail mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail smex cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
ffap counsel xdg compile swiper powerline powerline-separators flycheck
cl-extra help-mode subr-x init org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr
wid-edit org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode dired dired-loaddefs
org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m two-column rebecca-theme paren
display-line-numbers origami origami-parsers cl s company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags xref project company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-capf
company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-eclim
company-template company-bbdb company-c-headers rx elec-pair hl-line ido
ivy flx delsel colir ivy-overlay color-identifiers-mode python tramp-sh
tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize parse-time json
map dash color powerline-themes aggressive-indent rainbow-delimiters
cal-iso org-agenda org-element avl-tree generator org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline
outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat
org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs modeConfig company-tng company pcase keybindings vi.el evil
evil-keybindings evil-integration undo-tree diff evil-maps evil-commands
reveal flyspell ispell evil-jumps evil-command-window evil-types
evil-search evil-ex shell pcomplete comint ansi-color evil-macros
evil-repeat evil-states evil-core advice evil-common windmove thingatpt
rect evil-digraphs evil-vars ring edmacro kmacro packages finder-inf
info package easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source
cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars
seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 572801 132993)
 (symbols 48 46411 2)
 (miscs 40 159 518)
 (strings 32 142665 11219)
 (string-bytes 1 4333844)
 (vectors 16 69926)
 (vector-slots 8 1188064 114920)
 (floats 8 538 1417)
 (intervals 56 1374 1955)
 (buffers 992 14))