Subject: Re: bug#39890: 26.3; do-applescript undeterministic with long running scripts

From: Alexander Adolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 17:26:29 +0200

Hello Lars,

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> [...]
> (I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
> at the time.)
>
> I see that in the time since this was reported,
> eudc-macos-contacts-search-helper has been changed to essentially be the
> code suggested by Alexander here, so I assume that this fixed the
> problem, and I'm closing this bug report.  If that's mistaken, please
> respond to the debbugs address and we'll reopen.
> [...]

The bug is about the behaviour of the elisp function's implementation
vs. the command line tool shipped with the OS. Thus, the code I
suggested is a workaround. I'm also the contributor of
eudc-macos-contacts-search-helper, btw.

That said, and as it doesn't seem to have bitten anyone else, it's
probably best to close the issue.

Many thanks and cheers,

  --alexander