Subject: bug#39886: [PATCH] Add EPA keyserver client

From: [email-masked] (Philip K.)
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2020 13:28:11 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> "Philip K." <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I agree, submitting this as a core-patch was the wrong approach. What's
>> the procedure for submitting a ELPA package?
>
> I was saying that submitting it to Emacs core was the right approach.
> :-)

Oh my, I misread your message. Sorry for that.

> For instance, when a user clicks on a "verify this signed article"
> button in Gnus/rmail, the key should be downloaded from a key server
> automatically, and if I understand your package correctly, it allows
> doing so?

Yes, it implements the protocol and a basic UI. My only issues is that I
wrote this before I dove in to the EPA source, and realized that it more
or les depends on GnuPG. And if GnuGP is alreay given, I could just as
well use it's build-in functionallity for querying the server, without
having to reimplement it in Elisp.

> But for this to work seamlessly, your package has to be in Emacs core,
> otherwise Gnus/rmail can't rely on it as easily.

Couldn't it extend Gnus/rmail externally? Or could Gnus/rmail check if
it's feature is available?