Subject: Re: bug#39886: [PATCH] Add EPA keyserver client

From: "Philip K." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2020 19:20:34 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> [email-masked] (Philip K.) writes:
>
>> This was developed as part of an university project to work on
>> Cryptography in Email clients for Emacs. So the idea would be that this
>> would make it easier to find keys when sending or receiving a message
>> (we also developed an autocrypt[0] and openpgp.org client[1], but didn't
>> get around to officially submitting the latter anywhere).
>>
>> The only "problem" would be, if it were admitted into ELPA, it would
>> require some more code to integrate it into various mail clients, as [0]
>> and [1] do.
>
> I think this makes more sense in Emacs core than in ELPA, really -- it's
> infrastructure that could help the Emacs mail clients navigate the key
> servers, which would be helpful (because it's pretty opaque currently).
>
> Any other opinions?

I agree, submitting this as a core-patch was the wrong approach. What's
the procedure for submitting a ELPA package?

-- 
	Philip K.