Subject: Re: bug#39886: [PATCH] Add EPA keyserver client

From: Colin Baxter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2020 15:51:55 +0100

>>>>> Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

    > [email-masked] (Philip K.) writes:
    >> This was developed as part of an university project to work on
    >> Cryptography in Email clients for Emacs. So the idea would be
    >> that this would make it easier to find keys when sending or
    >> receiving a message (we also developed an autocrypt[0] and
    >> openpgp.org client[1], but didn't get around to officially
    >> submitting the latter anywhere).
    >> 
    >> The only "problem" would be, if it were admitted into ELPA, it
    >> would require some more code to integrate it into various mail
    >> clients, as [0] and [1] do.

    > I think this makes more sense in Emacs core than in ELPA, really
    > -- it's infrastructure that could help the Emacs mail clients
    > navigate the key servers, which would be helpful (because it's
    > pretty opaque currently).

    > Any other opinions?

The 'EasyPG Assistant Keyserver client' doesn't seem to pick the
keyserver from the gpg.conf file - right? I wonder why not.

Best wishes,

Colin Baxter.