Subject: Re: bug#39886: [PATCH] Add EPA keyserver client

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2020 15:59:19 +0200

[email-masked] (Philip K.) writes:

> This was developed as part of an university project to work on
> Cryptography in Email clients for Emacs. So the idea would be that this
> would make it easier to find keys when sending or receiving a message
> (we also developed an autocrypt[0] and openpgp.org client[1], but didn't
> get around to officially submitting the latter anywhere).
>
> The only "problem" would be, if it were admitted into ELPA, it would
> require some more code to integrate it into various mail clients, as [0]
> and [1] do.

I think this makes more sense in Emacs core than in ELPA, really -- it's
infrastructure that could help the Emacs mail clients navigate the key
servers, which would be helpful (because it's pretty opaque currently).

Any other opinions?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no