Subject: bug#39885: Bioconductor tarballs are not archived

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 10:10:28 +0100

Hi Timothy,

Timothy Sample <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Hello,
>
> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> As for past tarballs, #swh-devel comrades say we could send them a list
>> of URLs and they’d create “Save Code Now” requests on our behalf (we
>> cannot do it ourselves since the site doesn’t accept plain tarballs.)
>>
>> Any volunteer to write a script that’d generate a list of Bioconductor
>> content-addressed URLs (the bordeaux.guix.gnu.org/file ones) for say the
>> past couple of years?
>
> Sorry I’m a little late to this party, but I wrote a similar script a
> while ago.  It creates a “sources.json” file of all the sources that the
> PoG database analyzed and found missing in SWH.  It only covers what PoG
> monitors (which is *almost* everything, but not quite).

Excellent!

> With some modifications, I used it to generate the attached list of
> Bioconductor sources (based off of recent, unpublished PoG data).  I’ve
> also attached the modifications in case anyone is curious or wants to
> make a similar list.  I will publish the PoG database soon (today?), so
> maybe wait for that before generating any lists.

After discussing it on #swh-devel, I filed this issue:

  https://gitlab.softwareheritage.org/swh/infra/sysadm-environment/-/issues/5222

Tim, you were planning to offer a larger list of missing sources
extracted from the PoG database, right?

Thank you!

Ludo’.