Subject: bug#39885: Bioconductor URI, fallback and time-machine

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 17:11:21 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, 08 Jan 2024 at 16:34, Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> wrote:

> The WIP commit is here:
>
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?h=wip-r&id=e81a75a7b28c633a658ceeb0a728255674f56c58

IIRC, the main feedback [1] of this approach is:

        - the repositories at https://git.bioconductor.org/package/NAME do not
          tag package versions.  The only method of organization is branches
          that are named after *Bioconductor releases* (not package releases),
          e.g. RELEASE_3_15.  We can only determine the package version by
          reading its DESCRIPTION file or by looking up the version index for
          all Bioconductor packages (we do that already).  This means that there
          could be different commits for the same package version in the same
          release branch — so we have to include the commit hash and a revision
          counter in the version string.

Have you tried the wip commit at scale?

Cheers,
simon

1:bug#39885: Bioconductor URI, fallback and time-machine
Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Wed, 10 Aug 2022 20:25:00 +0200
id:[email-masked]
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/39885
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/msgid/[email-masked]
https://yhetil.org/guix/[email-masked]