Subject: Re: bug#39885: Bioconductor URI, fallback and time-machine

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 21:48:37 +0200

On 10-08-2022 21:44, Maxime Devos wrote:
>
> On 10-08-2022 20:25, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
>> - the updater doesn’t work on version expressions like (git-version
>>    "1.12" revision commit).  It expects to be able to replace literal
>>    strings.  Because of that my changes let the importer generate a
>>    string literal such as "1.12-0.cafebab" without a let-bound commit
>>    string.
> I've a patch that implements replacing (revision "N") by (revision 
> "N+1"), apparently it's not applied yet but let me search for it ...

Found it:

<https://issues.guix.gnu.org/53144#13>

That patch series was written with Minetest / ContentDB and a new 
'latest-git' updater in mind, but the ContentDB and latest-git bits 
should be separable without much trouble.

Greetings,
Maxime.