Subject: Re: [bug#39882] [PATCH 0/1] Add kexec-tools.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 13:28:34 +0100

Chris,

Chris Marusich 写道：
> I was kind of surprised to find that kexec-tools was not already
> packaged.  Is there a reason why it hasn't been packaged, or am 
> I just
> the first one to try packaging it?

I was also surprised, having installed kexec-tools on Guix before 
;-)

Turns out I never upstreamed it.  There are probably 5 other 
kexec-tools patches somewhere.  Oh well.

Your patch looks good to me.  I prefer the home page below over a 
directory listing.  Feel free to crib what you like.

Your synopsis/description imply that it's boot-Linux-only.  I 
don't think that's the case, but haven't tried others in practice.

Thanks!

T G-R

commit 69a6d90a988f86e556b2fb39092755f88eb9d323
Author: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date:   Thu Feb 8 16:13:57 2018 +0100

    gnu: Add kexec-tools.
    
    * gnu/packages/linux.scm (kexec-tools): New public variable.

diff --git a/gnu/packages/linux.scm b/gnu/packages/linux.scm
index 303a85c7fd..1ebc8b1744 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/linux.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/linux.scm
@@ -4632,3 +4632,24 @@ text-mode or graphical applications that 
don't use a display server.
 Also included is @command{fbgrab}, a wrapper around 
 @command{fbcat} that
 emulates the behaviour of Gunnar Monell's older fbgrab utility.")
     (license license:gpl2)))
+
+(define-public kexec-tools
+  (package
+    (name "kexec-tools")
+    (version "2.0.15")
+    (source
+     (origin
+       (method url-fetch)
+       (uri (string-append 
"mirror://kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kernel/kexec/"
+                           "kexec-tools-" version ".tar.xz"))
+       (sha256
+        (base32 
"0ra8ph9m1dckqaikfnbsh408fp2w9k49fkl425fl2hvhwsm14xk6"))))
+    (build-system gnu-build-system)
+    (home-page "https://projects.horms.net/projects/kexec/")
+    (synopsis "Linux tools to directly execute different 
kernels")
+    (description "This package provides tools to load a kernel 
into memory and
+reboot directly into it using the @code{kexec} system call, 
bypassing the normal
+boot process.  @dfn{Kexec} is the mechanism by which both Linux 
and Xen kernels
+can support fast soft reboots and kernel crash dump analysis.")
+    (license license:gpl2)))