Subject: 26.3; EWW does not show textarea content

From: Xu Chunyang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2020 23:25:45 +0800

I notice EWW doesn't show the textarea element's contents, for example,
save the following to a.html

    <textarea>HELLO</textarea>

then 'M-x eww-open-file a.html' shows some empty lines without any text.

The following patch fixes the issue for me. And the old code seems
assuming <textarea value='HELLO'></textarea>, which is not correct.

diff -u --label /Users/xcy/src/emacs-mac/lisp/net/eww.el --label
\#\<buffer\ eww.el\> /Users/xcy/src/emacs-mac/lisp/net/eww.el
/var/folders/7f/s191h4q97p90374yw15ssrs00000gn/T/buffer-content-gR2Wn9
--- /Users/xcy/src/emacs-mac/lisp/net/eww.el
+++ #<buffer eww.el>
@@ -1168,7 +1168,7 @@

 (defun eww-tag-textarea (dom)
   (let ((start (point))
- (value (or (dom-attr dom 'value) ""))
+ (value (or (dom-text dom) ""))
  (lines (string-to-number (or (dom-attr dom 'rows) "10")))
  (width (string-to-number (or (dom-attr dom 'cols) "10")))
  end)

Diff finished.  Mon Mar  2 23:21:14 2020