Subject: Guile 1.8, apparent segfault on some Macs running Mojave

From: Marnen Laibow-Koser <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2020 15:30:20 -0500

Hi there!

I'm not sure this is a bug report yet, but it may become one.  I'm having
what looks like a Guile segfault issue for some Mac OS Mojave (10.14)
users. I've been packaging 64-bit Mac builds of LilyPond, which includes
libguile 1.8. The builds work well for myself and for nearly everyone else,
but one user (on Mojave, as am I) consistently reports a segfault right
around the time libguile is loaded; see
https://gitlab.com/marnen/lilypond-mac-builder/issues/16 . The LilyPond
group hasn't provided much help on figuring out this particular issue, so I
thought I'd come over here...

There's more information in the GitLab issue I mentioned above, but please
let me know what else would be helpful in diagnosing and fixing this
particular problem.  (Upgrading to a recent Guile is not an option right
now AFAIK: LilyPond barely works with Guile 2, let alone 3, and fixing
*that* would probably be a much larger issue.)

Best,
-- 
Marnen Laibow-Koser
[email-masked]
http://www.marnen.org