Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 2/2] gnu: define dune-*-openmpi packages

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 10:42:42 +0100

Hi Felix,

Felix Gruber <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/packages/maths.scm (dune-*-openmpi): New variables.
> * gnu/packages/maths.scm (add-openmpi-to-dune-package): New function to
>   add openmpi to the inputs of a dune-* package and replace all dune-*
>   packages in its input with the corresponding dune-*-openmpi package.

Nitpick: no need to repeat the file name above.  It would also be great
if you could list all the new variables.

> +      (lambda (p) (not (dune-package? p))))))

You can replace the lambda with:

  (negate dune-package?)

One last thing: could you look at the output of, say, ‘guix graph
dune-geometry-openmpi’ and ensure we’re not duplicating more nodes than
needed in the graph?

For example, you can compare node counts with:

  guix graph dune-geometry | grep 'label =' | wc -l
  guix graph dune-geometry-openmpi | grep 'label =' | wc -l

The difference should be less than:

  guix graph openmpi | grep 'label =' | wc -l

If that works well, please send an updated patch and we should be ready
to go!

Thanks,
Ludo’.