Subject: bug#39824: 26.2; timers sometimes stop working when coming back from sleep

From: Gĳs Hillenius <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2020 09:09:35 +0200

Hello

I need a bit of help with instrumenting this correctly:

I've instrumented (run-at-time "10:35" 21600 'org-mobile-push)

using (evel-defun) C-M-x

This shows org-mobile-push runs without errors. In *Messages*:

(snip)
Edebug: edebug-anon11
Tracing...
Result: [nil 24189 51396 0 21600 org-mobile-push nil nil 0]
Creating agendas...
Preparing diary...done

[...] ten lines equal to this ^ one

Preparing diary...done
Agenda written to Org file /home/gijs/d/MobileOrg/agendas.org
Creating agendas...done
Saving all Org buffers... done
Copying files...
Writing index file...
Writing checksums...
Files for mobile viewer staged
[nil 24190 7460 0 21600 org-mobile-push nil nil 0]

M-x list-timers tells me:

      -71245.81   360.00 org-mobile-push

and eh, a little later, the variable value of list-timers shows:

([t 24188 52132 0 21600 org-mobile-push nil nil 0]

But then...  I guess (eval-defun) has run. I was expecting it to run
again in six hours?  I can wait all day, put the laptop to sleep, but
the timer won't repeat. The next day the list-timer will show a minus
sign for org-mobile-push, for example

-54728.53   360.00 org-mobile-push

and looking at /home/gijs/d/MobileOrg/agendas.org will show me the files
were updated only when I eval-defun'ed (run-at-time "10:35" 21600
'org-mobile-push) the day before. Not at 10:35, not "six hours" later,
not the next morning.

Did I evel-defun'ed org-mobile-push, instead of run-at-time?