Subject: bug#39819: Declarative /etc/guix/acl?

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 22:26:51 +0200

Ludovic Courtès writes:

Hello,

> Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> Ludovic Courtès writes:
>
>> However, if you have your own substitute server, you now can run guix
>> archive --authorize < ..., e.g. at bootstrap/install time.  For such
>> cases, IWBN to have a --authorized-key argument to guix build / guix
>> system.
>
> There’s already an ‘authorized-keys’ field in ‘guix-configuration’:
>
>   https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Base-Services.html#index-guix_002dconfiguration
>
> So you would just list keys there.  Is that what you have in mind?
>
> The option is already there, it’s just non-authoritative.

I was thinking about the initial installer scenario; when guix-daemon is
already running and you didn't build the guix system yourself.  But
yeah, I guess this is an exceptional or corner case and you can always
build your own installer and add the key there.

Janneke

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com