Subject: Re: [bug#39818] [PATCH] gnu: Add emacs-ddskk.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Feb 2020 20:35:34 +0100

Hello,

Masaya Tojo <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm (emacs-ddskk): New variable.

Thank you!

> +(define emacs-ddskk

Wouldn't it be emacs-skk, since one need to (require 'skk)?

> +  (package
> +    (name "emacs-ddskk")
> +    (version "17.0.50")

Is it an unstable version? Latest release seems to be 16.3. If so, if
there is a strong reason to use it instead, we should give it in
a comment.

> +    (home-page "https://github.com/skk-dev/ddskk")

This should be at the end of the package definition, right above
`synopsis'.

> +    (source
> +     (origin
> +       (method git-fetch)
> +       (uri (git-reference
> +             (url home-page)
> +             (commit "b7bf6fa0e0fbb562c27a887283627a8781de0a34")))
> +       (file-name (git-file-name name version))
> +       (sha256
> +        (base32
> +         "1ysn73yysaxpm93y9d4g2hmnd7qhh6lv93wgkrdw1cx11xl1g7yk"))))
> +    (build-system emacs-build-system)
> +    (inputs `(("inetutils" ,inetutils)))
> +    (synopsis "Simple Kana to Kanji conversion program")
> +    (description "Daredevil SKK is a version of SKK (Simple Kana to Kanji
> + conversion program, an input method of Japanese) 

is a version of @acronym{SKK, Simple Kana to Kanji} conversion program,
an input method of Japanese.

> + maintained by the SKK development team at http://openlab.jp/skk.")

We may want to drop that part, not very useful in the package
description. However, if you keep it, it should be
@url{http://openlab.jp/skk}.

BTW, I cannot apply your patch. Could you send an updated revision with
the changes suggested above?

Regards,

-- 
Nicolas Goaziou