Subject: Re: bug#5704: Emacs 23.1 problem

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 15:31:08 -0500

reassign 3969 emacs,w32
forcemerge 3969 5704
stop

Chong Yidong wrote:

> First of all, what happens if you run using the `emacs -Q' option to
> disable local customizations?

Jason sent the following message, but to the control address so it did
not appear on bug-gnu-emacs. This is a duplicate of 3969. He has been
having trouble merging it due to 3969 being archived and in different
packages.

    From: Jason Rumney <jasonr at gnu.org>
    Subject: Re: bug#5704: Emacs 23.1 problem
    To: "W.Rheinboldt" <wkrhein at gmx.de>
    Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 07:13:19 +0800

    forcemerge 3969 5704
    [...]

    It is a bug in Emacs, that has been fixed in the development sources.
    For 23.1, you need to create new files without using the file dialog (C-x
    C-f rather than the menu or toolbar).  Pretests for 23.2 are available.