Subject: Re: bug#39802: (info "(emacs) Init Rebinding") needs to say it is impossible to unbind local keys

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 22:13:22 -0500

tags 39802 fixed
close 39802 27.1
quit

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> I saw it, but that "Since" strikes me as "a bolt out of the blue",
> because no text before that explained or mentioned this fact.  Leaving
> that sentence in place will then go a long way towards making the
> "Since" part crystal clear.
>
> IOW, in this and similar cases, repetition facilitates understanding,
> and should not be avoided, because we are dealing with something that
> won't necessarily be evident to the reader.

Okay, I see what you mean.  I put that sentence back in (with "used"
changed to "loaded") and pushed to emacs-27.

[1: 60418a1ab2]: 2020-03-03 22:04:48 -0500
  Explain how to unset mode bindings (Bug#39802)
  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=60418a1ab21b86cb2d46470ae187e74a25d33212