Subject: bug#39799: 28.0.50; Most emoji sequences don’t render correctly

From: Mike FABIAN <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 20:29:03 +0100

Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> さんはかきました:

> OK. How do you determine which font is being used in gedit?

By comparing how it looks like in gedit with how it looks like in my own
little emoji-tool “emoji-picker”. “emoji-picker” uses the same rendering
stack as gedit (harfbuzz, cairo, pango).

As you can see in the screenshots of “emoji-picker” attached to my last
mail, when I right click on an emoji I get a popup with some information
about that emoji where I also display which font was actually used to
render that emoji. That might be a different font from what was
requested in the font menu of emoji-picker. A bit similar how you can
check in Emacs with “C-u C-x =” what font was really used for the
character under the cursor.

In “emoji-picker” I can see that parts of an emoji-sequence are
sometimes even rendered in several different fonts if this sequence was
recently added by Unicode and Pango does not know it yet.

https://github.com/mike-fabian/ibus-typing-booster/blob/master/engine/itb_pango.py#L114

-- 
Mike FABIAN <[email-masked]>
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。