Subject: Re: bug#39799: 28.0.50; Most emoji sequences don’t render correctly

From: Mike FABIAN <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 15:44:04 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> さんはかきました:

>> From: Mike FABIAN <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
>> Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 14:50:48 +0100
>> 
>> Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> さんはかきました:
>> 
>> > Hmm, is "Symbola" still a good fallback font? Or should we add "Noto
>> > Color Emoji" or similar in front of it?
>> 
>> I think "Noto Color Emoji" is nicer than "Symbola" if available.
>> The emoji look much nicer in colour, much easier to distinguish.
>
> Symbola covers much more than just Emoji.  That was the main reason it
> was added to fontset.el.

Yes, and I think it should be kept there for all the other symbols.
And also as a fallback for emoji if no nicer colour emoji font is
installed.

Even if the current license is only for personal use, I think it is
still good to have Symbola in fontset.el to be able to use it just by
installing the font.

-- 
Mike FABIAN <[email-masked]>
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。