Subject: Re: bug#39799: 28.0.50; Most emoji sequences don’t render correctly

From: Mike FABIAN <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 14:47:40 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> さんはかきました:

>> It DTRT for me under Cairo if I change my fontset settings to use
>> 'Noto Color Emoji' instead of Symbola for:
>
> Is that a free font (it's from Google, AFAIK, so it might not be)?  If
> it is free, we could modify fontset.el to use this font if available.
> (Or maybe there are better free Emoji fonts out there?)

“Noto Color Emoji” is free (Apache 2.0 License):
https://github.com/googlefonts/noto-emoji/blob/master/LICENSE

“Joypixels” is also a nice colour emoji font, but it is *not* free:

https://d1j8pt39hxlh3d.cloudfront.net/contracts/finalized-pdfs/free-5.1.pdf

(free only for personal use).

The nice black and white emoji font “Symbola” is unfortunately not free
either, see:

http://users.teilar.gr/~g1951d/License.pdf

free for “strictly personal and non-commercial purposes”.

-- 
Mike FABIAN <[email-masked]>