Subject: Re: bug#39799: 28.0.50; Most emoji sequences don’t render correctly

From: Mike FABIAN <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 14:27:39 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> さんはかきました:

>> From: Mike FABIAN <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
>> Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 13:48:17 +0200
>> 
>> > Iʼve just pushed a change to master that should fix (almost) all the
>> > issues with displaying emoji sequences (except for keycaps). Feedback
>> > welcome.
>> 
>> Should that also fix the skin tones?
>
> It should, and I thought HarfBuzz on Cairo already supported that?

Yes, and I think my screenshot shows that it does because my Screenshot
uses Pango (and the rest of the rendering stack including HarfBuzz and
Cairo). 

> Can you try this with hb-view and see if HarfBuzz produces a single
> glyph/grapheme from this sequence?

$ hb-view --annotate --font-file=/home/mfabian/.fonts/joypixels-6.6/android/joypixels-android.
ttf --font-size=50 --text="👩🏽"

looks like:

-- 
Mike FABIAN <[email-masked]>
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。