Subject: [bug#39729] [PATCH 0/7] Testing the graphical installer

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 17:10:42 +0100

Hey!

> The second part implements the actual test.  The new (gnu installer
> tests) module provides tools to implement a dialogue with the installer,
> and the new “gui-installed-os” test uses it to perform a bare-bones
> style installation.  There’s a commented out variant that does it on
> an encrypted root, but it currently fails presumably due to
> <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/39712>.
>
> That’s it!
>
> Feedback welcome!

This serie LGTM, this is really impressive :) About the umounting issue,
you were right. Umounting failed for both %test-gui-installed-os and
%test-gui-installed-os-encrypted.

The issue was that guix-daemon was keeping open files inside the
cow-store, preventing the umount. I discovered then a second issue, some
udevd workers, started while the cow-store was active were also
preventing the umounting.

I published a few patches on top of yours on wip-installer-test to fix
those issues.

Thanks,

Mathieu

PS: I had a hard time debugging the marionette, couldn't find better to
add some syslog, wait an hour to test & repeat. Do you have a better
approach? Would it be possible to have a debug ssh in the marionette?