Subject: bug#39727: statx error running 'guix gc' on CentOS 7

From: Paul Garlick <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 22:49:15 +0000

Hi Guix,

After a 'guix pull' today to commit
536cc4aae5b58b45b974530646a4916a29a8aa6c I noticed that 'guix gc' fails
with the message:

guix gc: error: statting `/gnu/store/.links/0pck...': Invalid argument

The system is running CentOS 7:

$ cat /etc/centos-release
CentOS Linux release 7.7.1908 (Core)

A temporary fix is to remove 'statx' from the list of functions checked
in 
config-daemon.ac (line 96):

-  statvfs nanosleep strsignal statx])
+ statvfs nanosleep strsignal])

This could a problem with the kernel version or coreutils [0] in CentOS
7.  

It seems that HAVE_STATX is set in the guix build process but then
runtime calls to statx generate errors.

Best regards,

Paul.

[0] https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1760300