Subject: bug#39724: 26.3; Commit 44298ea6aa006ed227e539b02279bd3fc11fd2a6 breaks font display on macOS

From: "John Wiegley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 12:59:30 -0800

>>>>> "AT" == Alan Third <[email-masked]> writes:

AT> Hi John, that commit isn’t in the emacs-27 branch, or if it is something
AT> has gone terribly wrong.

>> Anything prior to this works as expected. From this commit forward, all
>> windows are black on black.

You're right, I meant the master branch.

AT> Zhang Haijun has reported something similar on the master branch. The
AT> compile logs look as though there’s something wrong with his build
AT> environment. What version of macOS are you using? Are there any errors or
AT> warnings when you build it?

I'm using Catalina, let me capture the build log for you...

On a maybe related note, I now find that ERC is unusably slow: I can type
faster than Emacs can display the characters. Given that I've changed nothing
about my setup in past months, this could be related to other macOS changes.

-- 
John Wiegley                  GPG fingerprint = 4710 CF98 AF9B 327B B80F
http://newartisans.com                          60E1 46C4 BD1A 7AC1 4BA2