Subject: Re: bug#3972: 23.1.50; c-mode sets M-q to c-fill-paragraph

From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 16:44:18 +0200

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 3:40 PM, Lennart
Borgman<[email-masked]> wrote:

> The problem I am actually fighting is a bit different I believe.
> c-fill-paragraph is a bit complicated so I am not sure. What I see
> when I am testing is that c-fill-paragraph works in some MuMaMo chunks
> (ie a chunk of the buffer with one major mode, other than in the
> chunks before and after it) and not others, though in both cases the
> major mode is php-mode. My guess so far is that it is because of a
> (widen) somewhere inside c-fill-paragraph that makes a call to
> something, perhaps to syntax-ppss or similar, come back with bad
> information (since it is influenced by contents in other chunks).
>
> What do you think about this guess?

I tried to flet widen to ignore. That worked, but when trying to byte
compile I got:

  mumamo.el:6734:57:Error: Byte-compiling a redefinition of `widen'
will not work - use `labels' instead

But `labels' does a lexical binding, not a dynamic binding so that
obviously will not work. So now I don't know what to do...
defadvice...?