Subject: Re: bug#39712: Partitions produced by the installer not properly unmounted?

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2020 18:13:33 +0100

Hi,

Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> But I think the problem should show up even with “make check-system
>> TESTS=installed-os” on master.

Hmm I’m not sure this is true.

> Well this does not involve the graphical installer, so I'm not sure to
> understand.
>
> Anyway, testing the installer in Qemu, I can reproduce a failure where
> the first umount in "umount-cow-store" throws an exception (busy
> device), when umounting a crypted partition.

On current ‘wip-installer-test’
(0699b97f7df8708a000eb7bfb043c2cef6672dc3), you can run:

  make check-system TESTS=gui-installed-os

(It should succeed.)

If you take the /gnu/store/…-installation item produced and mount it as
I showed before in this thread, you should see a “recovery complete”
message from the kernel.

Note that LUKS is not involved at all in this case, and ‘umount’ doesn’t
throw.

Ludo’.