Subject: Re: bug#39706: 28.0.50; Search prefix nroff-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 17:18:02 +0200

> From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 02:40:18 +0200
> 
> The point of my bug report is that I accidentally discovered
> a problem in nroff-mode that otherwise I don't use.
> 
> > IOW, what you propose sounds like a very convoluted and indirect way
> > of fixing the problem you described, doesn't it?
> 
> The proposed patch fixes nroff-mode to make the search prefix available
> for users of nroff-mode.

Sounds like I've misunderstood your report.  Apologies.  Could you
perhaps describe the root cause again, this time focusing on the
actual problem?  Your original description made me think the program
was with log files, and nroff-mode just got in the way, but you seem
to be talking about a genuine problem in nroff-mode.  What is that
problem?