Subject: linux-libre >= 5.4.20 network interfaces, gdm or Xorg and lvm stopped working

From: Sam P <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 21:54:59 +0530

Hi,

I am using guix desktop for day to day usage for many months

Everything are working fine till linux-libre <= 5.4.19

But after linux-libre >= 5.4.20

1. No ethernet interface is shown only lo: is shown
2. gdm, Xorg totally stopped working
3. lvm command vgchange -ay taken forever and not able to create device
node in /dev/mapper

Presently for lvm support, I had added a mapper class with open/close method
for many months it is nicely working (It was a work around which work for
~6 volumes at boot time.)

I have attached my system config.scm and packages.scm with mail

I am not sure if it issue of

1. my configurations (which still work nicely with <= 5.4.19)

2. it is some issue in guix changes

3. or it linux kernel >= 5.4.20 is causing.

I had tried searching if somebody had reported it, when I have seen nobody
has reported it.

Thanks,

/sharad