Subject: [bug#39695] [PATCH] [WIP] gnu: mono: Update to 6.8.0.105.

From: Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 08:14:43 +0200

Hi Brett!

Brett Gilio <[email-masked]> writes:

> Whew! Somebody finally got to it! I tried many times to get mono in a
> better shape for Guix, but failed! :) As there are a considerable number
> of changes here, would you mind giving a short synopsis of what still
> needs to be made before we either reroll a revision or get a final
> draft?

What still needs to be made?  Beside fixing the tests, the patch I've
sent seems to have Mono 5 and 6 working.

Final draft of what?  Sorry, I feel that I'm missing some context :)

If your question is about the Mono ecosystem, there is a lot of work
left to do.  We need a bootstrapped msbuild (the build tool for Mono),
and then ideally we would have a mono-build-system.  I can detail this
if you want to, let me know.

Cheers!

-- 
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/