Subject: Re: [bug-diffutils] bug#39688: is a socket

From: Ondřej Svoboda <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 13:51:04 +0100

Dear Norbert,

this bugged me a few years ago when I needed to compare full filesystem 
backups (of my old Maemo). I hope to get back to my old patches but if 
you are interested (or anyone else), please see 
https://debbugs.gnu.org/db/19/19508.html (bug #19508, "[PATCH] diff: 
compare major, minor numbers of block/character special files")

Not sure if this was my only attempt. I believe I even got a response 
from a maintainer, only the patch set was not finished (or even good 
enough) so it was not accepted.

Regards,
Ondra Svoboda

On 20. 02. 20 13:34, Norbert de Jonge wrote:
> File /media/norbert/a/gnupg/S.gpg-agent is a socket while file 
> /media/norbert/b/gnupg/S.gpg-agent is a socket
>
> Keep running into this, which was reported by someone else 1362(!) 
> days ago...
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/db/24/24234.html
>
> This really gives me the feeling that the GNU project is slowly dying.