Subject: Re: 25.2; Wrong behaviour of bibtex-autokey-name-change-strings

From: "Roland Winkler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 08:06:01 -0600

On Fri Feb 21 2020 [email-masked] wrote:
> Yes it does, at least for the specific problem I found with
> "\oe". Thank you very much!

Thanks for for confirming it fixes your problem.

> Can you tell me where to insert this redefinition in my init file,
> while I wait for the next Emacs version? I tried adding it to my
> own bibtex-hook and to "eval-after-load 'bibtex ...", but it
> doesn't seem to have any effect in either. At the moment is called
> directly in the init file.

Bibtex-mode uses the variable bibtex-autokey-transcriptions to
define the default values of `bibtex-autokey-name-change-strings'
and `bibtex-autokey-titleword-change-strings'.  So something like
eval-after-load will work only if it deals with all three variables.
Say, you first set bibtex-autokey-transcriptions to its new value;
then you use this to set `bibtex-autokey-name-change-strings' and
`bibtex-autokey-titleword-change-strings'.

It is probably easier to simply set bibtex-autokey-transcriptions in
your init file to its new value.  Normally, emacs should load
bibtex-mode later.  Then it will use your value of
bibtex-autokey-transcriptions to set the values of
`bibtex-autokey-name-change-strings' and
`bibtex-autokey-titleword-change-strings'.