Subject: [bug#39635] [PATCH] website: Modify use of H1 headings

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 10:02:23 +0200

Dear,

On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 at 21:58, Luis Felipe via Guix-patches via
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> Well, that's unfortunate because that patch is all I have. The copy of the git repository I was working on is long gone.

Sad!
Since I have hit this issue several times when digging in the
Bug/Patch Report, now when sending patches, I personally try to use:

   git format-patch --base <commit-where-it-applies>

Then the patch contains at the bottom these lines, for example:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
base-commit: 679d5e6b3dcac4ee1f419c04b3719fead0bd9ee5
-- 
2.28.0
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

And with a recent enough Magit version, it is "W c C-m b".

Well, it seems a good habit iMHO and I will try to send a patch
updating the section "Submitting Patches".

Thanks,
simon