Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Add initial Pinebook Pro support

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2020 19:49:48 +0100

Hello ARM Gurus!

These patches add initial Pinebook Pro support.  There are several rough edges,
your help would be much appreciated!

A vanilla kernel does not work yet; apparently development to upstream
pinebook-pro patches lives here:
https://gitlab.manjaro.org/tsys/linux-pinebook-pro

Similarly, Das U-Boot has a pinebook-pro development branch
https://git.eno.space/pbp-uboot.git

Because of "guix pull failing on aarch64"

    https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/39352

these patches must be applied on top of

    c7dd15596ffd09ab40629c89e7014e51a4d7e95e

(or use branch wip-pinebook-pro from https://gitlab.com/janneke/guix.git)

To install Guix System on the microSD in a Pinebook Pro, do something
like

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
sudo mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt
sudo -E ./pre-inst-env guix system init gnu/system/examples/pinebook-pro.tmpl /mnt
sudo -E ./pre-inst-env guix system init arm-baar.scm /mnt
sudo sed 's,FDTDIR \([^ ]*\),FDT \1/rockchip/rk3399-pinebook-pro.dtb,' /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Because of the aarch64 guix pull problem, the separate repositories for
kernel and u-boot, the weird MMC numbering changes /dev/mmcblk0 <->
/dev/mmcblk1 and this ugly extlinux.conf fixup I am not sure where to
share this code, maybe wip-pinebook-pro @ savannah.  WDYT?

For more details, see

    https://joyofsource.com/guix-system-on-the-pinebook-pro.html

I think it would be nice to have an updated this blog on guix.gnu.org when
these silly problems are resolved.

Greetings,
janneke

Jan Nieuwenhuizen (2):
  gnu: Add linux-libre-pinebook-pro.
  gnu: Add u-boot-pinebook-pro-rk3399.

 Makefile.am                           |  1 +
 gnu/bootloader/u-boot.scm             | 11 ++++++
 gnu/packages/bootloaders.scm          | 45 ++++++++++++++++++++-
 gnu/packages/linux.scm                | 48 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/system/examples/pinebook-pro.tmpl | 57 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 5 files changed, 160 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/system/examples/pinebook-pro.tmpl

-- 
2.24.0