Subject: [bug#39599] [PATCH 1/4] build-system: Add copy-build-system.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 12:50:36 +0100

Pierre,

Nicolas Goaziou 写道：
> Moreover, the indentation is very odd there, compared to the 
> rest of
> "guix.texi". You may want to normalize it.

More than just odd, unfortunately.  It broke ‘guix pull’ on 
master:

./guix.de.texi:6631: warning: @end should only appear at the 
beginning of a line
./guix.de.texi:6635: warning: @itemize should only appear at the 
beginning of a line
./guix.de.texi:6635: warning: @item should not appear in @itemize
./guix.de.texi:6635: @item outside of table or list
./guix.de.texi:6639: warning: @itemize should only appear at the 
beginning of a line
./guix.de.texi:6639: warning: @item should not appear in @itemize
./guix.de.texi:6639: @item outside of table or list
./guix.de.texi:6647: warning: @end should only appear at the 
beginning of a line
./guix.de.texi:6648: superfluous argument to @end itemize:  In all 
cases, the paths relative to @var{source} are>
Backtrace:
           3 (primitive-load 
           "/gnu/store/qsd0khinmy748z6aq23ck8lcaxr?")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    619:8  2 (_ #f)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   260:13  1 (for-each #<procedure 7ffff4f4f2a0 at 
   ice-9/eval.scm:3?> ?)
In guix/build/utils.scm:
    652:6  0 (invoke _ . _)

guix/build/utils.scm:652:6: In procedure invoke:
ERROR:
  1. &invoke-error:
      program: 
      "/gnu/store/irj21yhgls637jhhkb5yr79s76c96maq-texinfo-6.6/bin/makeinfo"
      arguments: ("./guix.de.texi" "-I" 
      "/gnu/store/ygairf8pckyzl1aplf0jxmbzr9gnhjik-doc" "-I" "." 
      "-o" "/gnu/st>
      exit-status: 1
      term-signal: #f
      stop-signal: #f

I removed *all* leading whitespace in 
af51d01a8aa8d7cf529173bdb64392f14eb21962 and this fixes the 
problem.  In future, avoid it altogether.  It clashes with the 
rest of the file even when it doesn't break anything.

If you're using some kind of fancy-texinfo-mode please disable it, 
although I wonder who writes a mode that breaks things so badly 
:-p

Kind regards,

T G-R