From: Jack Hill <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 22:37:32 -0500

Alex,

On Thu, 20 Feb 2020, Alex Griffin wrote:

> I packaged PaperWM using copy-build-system as an additional test case.

This is great! I learned about PaperWM from your patch, and I've been having
lots of fun with it.

> +     '(#:install-plan
> +       '(("." "share/gnome-shell/extensions/paperwm@hedning:matrix.org"
> +          #:include-regexp ("\\.js(on)?$" "\\.css$" "\\.ui$" "\\.png$"
> +                            "\\.xml$" "\\.compiled$")))))

Seeing "compiled" here caught my attention. Since all we are doing so far is
copying files around, I expect everything to be in source form.

In this case the compiled file is a compiled glib schema. I've prepared a
second version of the patch that removes this file in a source snippet and
compiles it from the source in a new build phase.

This is another testament to the usefulness of the copy-build-system. It would
have been much more work to make the same modification to a package that uses
the trivial-build-system. Thanks Pierre!

Best,
Jack