Subject: [bug#39599] [PATCH 0/2] New build system: copy-build-system

From: Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 13:51:44 +0100

This build system aims to be a more convenient alternative to the
trivial-build-system for packages that only need mere copying around.

Since it is based on the gnu-build-system, all packages necessary for archive
extraction are already included.

The new install-plan argument makes it particularly convenient to install
batches of files.

See discussion here: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2020-01/msg00485.html.

Pierre Neidhardt (2):
  build-system: Add copy-build-system.
  gnu: gcide: Use the copy-build-system.

 Makefile.am                      |   2 +
 doc/guix.texi                    |  57 +++++++++++
 gnu/packages/dictionaries.scm    |  22 +----
 guix/build-system/copy.scm       | 145 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 guix/build/copy-build-system.scm | 156 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 5 files changed, 364 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 guix/build-system/copy.scm
 create mode 100644 guix/build/copy-build-system.scm

-- 
2.25.0